The Jesuit Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina is the new Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Francis I. is th
e first Jesuit in the papal office and also the first non-European.
The Roman Catholic Church experienced a double premiere: for the first time in history there is a Pope who comes from South America. And for the first time a member of the Jesuit order holds the highest ecclesiastical Office. The Argentinian Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected Pope on Wednesday evening in the fifth round of votes. Until now, the 76-year-old had been the Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Bergoglio’s name as Pope is Francesco (Francis), he is the first Pope who has chosen this name. Bergoglio is considered a modest, down-to-earth and ecologically-minded person. As the “Cardinal of the poor”, he uses mostly public transportation and waived episcopal splendor.
April is full of events that meet all interests in Rome, from live shows to music events. We’ve put together the most popular concerts, just scroll down to find out.
- Beethoven: Sonate per violoncello e pianoforte 05 aprile 2013 Accademia di Santa Cecilia
- Elio e le Storie Tese 04-05 aprile 2013 Auditorium Conciliazione Roma
- Modà 09-10-19-20 aprile 2013 PalaLottomatica Roma
- Gianna Nannini 13 aprile 2013 PalaLottomatica Roma
- Cristiano De André 15 aprile 2013 Auditorium Parco della Musica Roma
- Noa 17 aprile 2013 Auditorium Parco della Musica Roma
- Litfiba 20 aprile 2013 Atlantico Live Roma
- Renato Zero 27-29-30 aprile 2013 Palalottomatica Roma
- Raphael Gualazzi 28 aprile 2013 Gran Teatro Roma
If you require more information:
Event is scheduled for April 14, 2013, with the eighth edition of Dolls in Rome
The reference event for fans, collectors and curious about the world of dolls.
Lost dolls is:
– An exhibition space dedicated to dolls lost in time and space;
– The theme of the competition for creators of customizations;
– “Babes in Short”, the second edition of the film festival in scale 1:6;
– An opportunity to meet dealers and makers, find the particular piece to enrich its collection, discover what’s new and – above all – appreciate the exclusive creations of many artists.
When : April 14th, 2013
Via Cavour, 50 / A
More info: http://www.bambolearoma.it